Poem by Adipt Prakash (Translated from Nepali)

 

The Mirror

                                                                                                                        -Adipt Prakash

I giggled,

Beyond limit.

Having seen the plural structures

Of geography on his face,

That he has received wriggling with life.


I roared,

Watching the drops of bleeding heart

Dripping through the eyes

Down to the eaves of plight.

 

I scratched his wounds,

Squeezed, and kneaded his patience

Again entangled his unrequited dreams.

And slandered on his wee drop of happiness.

 

Neither did I let them sleep, nor awake-

To his lost memories.

 

I chuckled

Looking at his half dead ‘existence’

That was burning in the heat of hope and despair.

___ ___ ___

 

Alas!

I am now witnessing my own image

Standing in front of a mirror.

 

 

(Original Title in Nepali: Aphsosh!)

(Translated on: Sept 15, 2018)

(Adipt Prakash, from Kathmandu, teaches at a high school. He likes travelling, photography, poetry, and coffee.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Road not Taken by Robert Frost in Nepali

The Circle by Amar Shah (Translated from Nepali)

Stopping By Woods in Nepali (Robert Frost)