Emotions on Sale by Adipt Prakash (Translated from Nepali)

 

Emotions on Sale

-Adipt Prakash

My emotions are on sale,

So take 'em away.

Because

Busy I am at the Grand Rehearsal,

On the stage where

Monologue on Derrida is being presented.

 

Auctioning my emotions,

I'm going to be the world's richest man.

Bid your price for my pain;

Make calculations of my agony and anguish.

Then after,

Bargaining over dead-like-emotions will begin.

 

My emotions are on pyre

So take 'em away.

And make me 'free of emotions'

And I'd truly accept it.

Just for your happiness,

Ready I'm to forsake mine.

Thus I'd write my tragic biopic with

The ink of agony and be world famous.

So come and fill my soul

With more bruises and arrows.

Whip my heart numerous times,

And please, do me a favour.

 

Hello, come and make me sleepless,

So that I couldn't celebrate even in my dreams.

Come and fill my mind

With suffocation and hallucination

And devastate my mental status.

 

Oh my dear rascal!

If you really feel relieved,

Adipt's Emotions

I'll cut out my heart, and

Offer it to you right in your hand.

Then you may drift it along Bagmati,

So that it may go so far that-

It's only fragrance too

Would never reach up to you.

Sincerely yours...

 

(Original Title in Nepali: Sambedanaako Bigyapti)

(Translated on: May 11, 2018)

(Adipt Prakash, from Kathmandu, teaches at a high school. He likes travelling, photography, poetry, and coffee.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Road not Taken by Robert Frost in Nepali

The Circle by Amar Shah (Translated from Nepali)

Stopping By Woods in Nepali (Robert Frost)